Welcome! I hope you would enjoy reading my posts!

Miss Tan, please mark Writer's Block, NPCC : The Secondary One's First Day, and My Holiday. Thank you.

Friday, January 21, 2011

NPCC : The Secondary One's First Day

It's been 10 days since I posted, and I have not much to write, just that I'll write about the NPCC training today. So, I had to wear my Full Uniform which consists of the Shirt, the Trousers, the Beret, the socks and boots and  the belt. I really hate bringing it to school as I have to walk a bit and change buses. Worse still, I
have to bring it back. If only I could leave it somewhere in school... But I'd have to wash it and iron it and all that. Oh well, guess there's no easy way out.

I'm in NPCC, and I'm proud of it!
When I reached school, I felt excited as I spent an hour putting on the buttons and badges on my Shirt the previous day. I felt a sense of pride and looked forward to the training. Another reason why I was excited for the training was that the Secondary One students would be coming and there was a new Buddy System that would be set up.

After school, My friends, Arjit(In NPCC too) and Danish (In NCC Land), stayed back to change into our Uniform. Then Arjit and I went outside the NP Room and wanted a Sir to check our Uniform. I was kind of disappointed when I was told that my Name Tag was pinned wrongly and other problems with my Uniform. So, Arjit and I adjusted each other's Uniform. Then, the rest of the squad came and we falled-in. The Secondary Ones came too, and they assembled beside us.
The Parade Square is considered Sacred.
After putting our bags in the NP Room, we did our drills at the Parade Square. We were split into groups and did marching drills around the Parade Square. I felt jubilant as I preferred Marching Drills to the Footwork Drills, which are quite boring. Footwork Drills are drills which require you to turn from the position you are standing in or change from Stand Easy to Attention and vice versa. We marched around the Parade Square, turning left and right and back when our ICs gave the commands to. We did that for around for 40 minutes, and then we went down to the NP Room to take our bags and change into our PT Kit(PT means Physical Training; to me, it's just a fancy name for PE Uniform). So after changing, we went to the Field to play Soccer. Thanks to our Sir Derek, we could play at the Field as there were people from the Cricket CCA occupying the area.

We had a fun time playing Soccer as the last time we played it was quite a long time ago. After we played for quite some time, we went back outside the NP Room to fall-in and we were given our buddies. We had around 15 minutes to talk to each other. It was really interesting to hear what they felt about the CCA. I still remembered the time where I was a Secondary One, and was really impressed by the CCA and had many questions regarding NPCC. I think the new Buddy System was helpful as they would understand more about the CCA and what happens during the trainings when they ask us because they probably would not ask the Sirs as they might appear scary to them. And the Sirs are scary.

We took our bags and went home. I really hope to be able to know more about the Secondary One Cadets as they are quite unique and interesting. Apparently, they're going to name their squad "The Gunners". Hopefully it changes as I don't really like that name, but that's just my personal opinion. Oh, I just found a video on Youtube that was taken during a full dress rehearsal from Suntec City to Marina Bay 4 years ago(2007). If only we can march as well as them.



Marching On The Road
Like all my other posts, thanks for reading, and I will be grateful if you would spend the time to write a comment as I think my blog still has room for improvement.

1 comment: