Welcome! I hope you would enjoy reading my posts!

Miss Tan, please mark Writer's Block, NPCC : The Secondary One's First Day, and My Holiday. Thank you.

Monday, January 10, 2011

My Holiday

It has been around a week and I think I should write about my holidays so that I can remember it when I return to this blog 10 years (or more). It has been real busy, quite a few major things that happened. First, I moved from Geylang to Bedok. Another thing that happened during the holiday was that I went for Unit Training Camp (UTC) organised by my CCA (NPCC). I'll be talking about UTC and cover about the moving of house in my next post.

The camp was held from 27th December to 29th December. 27th was actually my mother's birthday, so I missed that unfortunately. So on the 27th, my father sent me to school, and I saw my friends at the Canteen. So I sat down and talked to my friends. Then, the ICs (In-Charge) asked us to 'fall-in' (Assemble). They told us to put our bags outside the OVA (Old Victorians' Association) room and take our water bottles. After we did that, they asked us to gather in our Barracks (Groups) at certain places. Just then, I realised that my water bottle was empty when it was supposed to be full. I was scared for a moment but after that I calmed myself down.


A Stove I wish I had.
(I just realised that the lines is a hand)
After we had gathered, we played some games. First, we introduced each other to one another. Then, we had to say each others' names. The first person will say his name, then the next person will say the first person's name and his own name, then it would keep continuing until someone couldn't remember the names. It was too easy and no one lost. Anyways, the next game was to pass a bottle and there was music playing. When the music stops, the person holding the bottle loses and does a forfeit (quite and easy one). Then the next game was Wacko. We we're playing happily until the Sirs(The Secondary 3 Seniors, now Secondary 4) asked us to fall in. Anyways, we had loads of fun. Luckily, my friend Travis gave me some water as the Sirs wanted us to drink up. Now, I can't really remembered what happened after this, so I'll skip right to Lunch.

During Lunch, we were given Solid Fuel, Mesh Tins, a stove and Maggi Mee and Canned Food to eat. I had no idea how to cook it, but luckily my Secondary 2 seniors taught me (And my Barrack-Mates) how to cook it. So we ate the food after having a hard time starting the fire. After eating, we washed the Mesh Tins and
Maggi Mee. But I had Mushroom-flavoured.
(Don't ever buy it, you'll regret it!)
threw the rubbish away.We then returned the Rations (The Solid Fuel, Mesh Tins, the Stoves and the leftover food) to the Sirs. I forgot what happened next as I only remembered the "Happy Moments". So I think after this, we went for a run... I think. No wait, maybe it was bonding games. Hm... Oh! We went to the Parade Square for some games, but unfortunately, it was ended earlier due to lack of time. No wait, this was before lunch.

Before dinner, we went for a bath. And guess what we ate for dinner? Maggi Mee!(Boo!) I was really afraid of losing my hair at this point of time, but no, I still have every strand of hair intact. Anyways, the next thing we did was to play "Night Commando". The objective of the game was to get as much twine from your opponents. The twine is put inside the back of our pants and it must be sticking out so others have a chance to pull it. But as usual, some dishonest tied it to their undergarments. So we had a fun time playing and it was really thrilling and exciting and it gives a kind of adrenaline rush, though it's a bit frightening and scary as it is dark. So after this we went for supper which consists of Jacob's Biscuits and we slept after that. I managed to sleep even though it was cold.

And the next morning was fun! We had 5BX (5 Basic Exercises) and then we ran 2 rounds around the school. After that we had a breakfast of bread and Grape Jam. However, there was no spoon. So we had to dip our bread into the jam bottle. Okay, let's move away from this tragic incident and move on to PT Comp (Physical Training Competition)! We had to do Crunches, Push-Ups, Jumping Jacks, Half-Squats, and Buddha Claps. Our Barrack did 300 Crunches, 100 Push-Ups, and figures that I forgot. We had beaten the other barracks in certain exercises and we were quite elated. And here's a video and it's a break from this long post.


                                      There is no Spoon 
 

After this, we had lunch, and we cooked all the food as our Sirs told us that we would have Catered food for dinner. Apparently, this was because the ROD was postponed to the Campfire. Then, we went for Telematch but our BLs (Barrack Leaders) and ABLs (Assistant Barrack Leader) were forced to do some punishments for leaving the flag behind after the PT Comp. So, for Telematch, we had to go around the school and find certain letters which would spell I[Space]Love[Space]UTC. They would give hints like, Loud DRILLing, which meant the Parade Square because we do Drills at the Parade Square at times. After going around, we saw our BLs and ABLs and they told us that they had to do push-ups and crunches. So we returned to the Canteen, tired and weary after running up and down. Next, we had other games and it was fun. We, as a barrack, went to the staircase near the bridge at the Koi Pond. The game was called "Telephone", and we had to dial the Pizza Hut number, and had to go to the 6th Floor and shout SIX! and then to the 2nd Floor and shout TWO! and so on. We were told that if we shouted loud enough, they would buy pizza, but we all knew it was a lie. Then we went up and down and everytime we were at the 3rd floor, they asked us to shout a cheer. So eventually we finished it, but the Sir said he pressed the wrong number.

The next game was "Broken Telephone", and it was real hilarious to hear the correct sentence and the wrong one. So after that, we went to play a game and had to support a pail using only one foot from each person. We had the longest record because the Secondary 2 Seniors thought of a good method to support the pail. However, we had to go back earlier for our next activity. The Sirs had pasted different cards around the first floor and second floor and each one is worth 5 points. Points are important as it determines the Best Barrack. However, we could not take our own coloured paper. On second thought, it was more like a card. Anyways, we could also play the most Epic Game and the winner of the Epic Game would win a card from the
Epic Game is Epic.
opponent. So we collected quite a sum of cards. Then we went back to the Canteen and we were sent to the Parade Square to play a game. They put paper on the floor and when they say a colour like Blue, then you have to be on a blue paper. It drizzled slightly though, but it didn't matter. So then they made it difficult by removing rows. Eventually we won, thanks to one of our barrack-mate. After this, we were sent to the Canteen and then we were to bathe and return for our Catered Dinner!

The dinner was delicious, especially after being deprived of "Human Food" for 2 days. So after eating, we were to have our campfire, but it was raining so we had to have it indoors. The Campfire was exciting and we did many cheers. After the campfire, we went to sleep. I forgot to mention that we slept at our Hall, but now you know.

The next day, we had breakfast, but our jam somehow turned into kaya. And if I'm not wrong, we still had no spoon. Anyways, the next activity was Area-Cleaning. Our Barrack had to clean the drain. What a fun way to end the Camp. Entering a mosquito infested drain, taking out the Maggi Mee and Tuna and other things that dropped out of the can. The mosquito bites we're huge and itchy. So after that, we waited to be dismissed. After much delay, we were dismissed, but not before announcing the prizes. Our Barrack had Best Barrack, the others had Best Cheers and some other people had individual awards like Best Camper, Best BL, and other awards. There were canned food, Maggi Mee and Chocolates. It was distributed after we had been dismissed.

So that was how 3 days of my holidays were spent - on a camp that taught all of us to be more disciplined. I'm looking forward tor the end of this year for the camp again. So how did you spend your holidays? I hoped you had a great holiday and thanks for reading this long post, I hoped you enjoyed it reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment